Monday, September 4, 2017

Half Moon Shawl- Sneak Peek

I seriously could not understand the fascination with the new yarns that come in "cakes". I just couldn't understand how you would use a yarn that changed colors itself.




 Mainly because most of the things I make need a certain color at a certain time. And then someone posted on one of my groups this beautiful shawl made with Mandala yarn and our Wal-mart has just now gotten Mandala yarn and I couldn't resist giving it a try. Unfortunately, I can't find what I did with that pattern but I looked up more shawl patterns and found the "Half Moon Shawl" on the Lionbrand site. There are lots of free patterns on the Lionbrand site and I may try more of their shawl patterns with the Mandala yarn since this first one is turning out just beautiful. I just love the colors together! I had heard the yarn wasn't very soft but I found it to be just the opposite. I actually have never had an acrylic yarn be quite this soft. Anyway, here is a sneak peak of my shawl. It is only about half done and is going to take just two "cakes" when it is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment