Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Little Love Hat- Knitting Pattern!



So I saw a hat and mittens set on Etsy and bought the pattern and there were large errors throughout the pattern. Not just a stitch off here and there but WHOLE sections of the pattern that weren't correct at all. And then the heart on the mittens....to me...was upside-down and it said on the mittens after making the first one you should "make one to match" and if you did that, you would end up with mittens that had seams on the same side since this was a two needle knitting project.
Anyway...I ended up just writing my own pattern. I knew I could do that when I bought the pattern but sometimes you just want to make it easy on yourself and follow someone else's pattern but that didn't happen.
This is a type of fair isle knitting so you will need to know how to do some floats (there are plenty of videos on youtube) but there is only one row of hearts so there aren't too too many. I am going to give the directions for 6-12 months hat only because that is the only one I have done so far as I do other sizes I may add them to this pattern. I will give directions to the mittens on the next post.

I used Caron Simply Soft Yarn and US size 4 and size 6 straight knitting needles.

Start with size 4 needles and white.
Cast on 88
K2 P2 for 1 1/2 inches

Switch to size 6 kneedles on this row. We will be starting stockinette stitch here. Knit one row, Purl one row for 6 rows total.

Now you will start the heart following the chart below with your contrasting color and still knitting a row and purling .


Now we will start rounding the crown. You should have ended so that you are on a knit row. 

K5,  K2tog across row
P row
K4, K2tog across row
P row
K3, K2tog across row
P row
K2, K2tog across row
P row
K1, K2tog across row
P row
K2tog across row
P row
K2tog across row
P row

Cut yarn leaving enough to sew hat. With a needle thread yarn through the remaining stitches and pull gently to close hat. Sew up back seam of hat. Make pom pom using both colors. Tie firmly to top of hat. 

You may not sell any of my patterns or alter them in any way. Please feel free to share the link to the pattern for anyone who might like to use them.


No comments:

Post a Comment