Friday, August 7, 2015

Fergie the Frog is Done


Finally! I have always wanted to do one of the African flower motif animals. HeidiBears has patterns for them all over the place. I bought mine for $6.50 on Ravelry.com. I had never bought one of their patterns and expected just a pattern. I printed it off and it just kept going and going and going. Thirty-five pages worth of going! Yeah, you might say she goes just a little overboard on the directions. You would think that this would be easy to make then but it really wasn't. I did the thing where you attach the motifs as you go and it was just a real pain. I probably will never do that again. It is so much easier to get through a motif when you don't have to do that like on the legs. I also didn't use sock yarn. Our yarn is pretty limited here to regular old Red Heart Super Saver so that is what I used. The directions called for you to knit the toes. I didn't see any reason to switch to knitting when I was crocheting so I made up my own toes. It also called for you to use double yarn on the upper leg motifs but I wasn't using the thinner sock yarn so this wasn't necessary. I used button eyes because that is what I had here. I do plan on purchasing some eyes before I make more of these. I have the pattern for the horse but right now I am working on some potholders using the motif...that will likely be the next post.
Fergie is listed on my new Etsy shop here https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeckysCrochetShop32


No comments:

Post a Comment